Fan me on Facebook:
WP Social Blogroll (formerly known as Feed Reading Blogroll) provides a sidebar-widget and a template-tag that add an enhanced blogroll to your sidebar. It checks on all your linked sites, when the most recent update has occured (see example in my sidebar on the frontpage).
The plugin is inspired by Blogger’s Blog List.
The check is performed by reading the date of the most recent feed-item. The feeds must be valid RSS2 or ATOM-feeds, otherwise the plugin cannot read the date-information provided by the feed. The Plugin uses the Google AJAX Feed API to access the feeds.
Based on this information, the age of the most recent feed-item is calculated and then displayed under each bookmark in your sidebar.
Furthermore, an icon for each bookmark can be displayed.
Come to the forum.
Documentation, Installation, Configuration
All documentation is located at the Wiki.
The plugin comes with support for the languages mentioned below. It can be translated into other languages as well.
If you like, you can take the file feedreading_blogroll-de_DE.po and use it as the basis for a translation into your own language.
You can contact me, if you have translated the file and I will add the new language to my plugin. Currently these languages are supported:
- Belorussian, thanks to Ilyuha
- Catalan, thanks to Oscar
- Danish, thanks to Georg
- Dutch, thanks to Rene
- French, thanks to Steve
- Hungarian, thanks to Bene Istvan
- Hebrew, thanks to Sagive
- Italian, thanks to Gianni Diurno
- Portuguese, thanks to Jorge Silva
- Russian, thanks to Fat Cow
- Spanish, thanks to JC Julien
- Swedish, thanks to Markus Wallgren
- Turkish, thanks to Çağdaş
- Ukrainian, thanks to Kostya
Place the language-file (just the one with the .mo-extension) inside /wp-content/plugins/feed-reading-blogroll/. Download the latest language file here.
The changelog can be found at the plugin-page.
What others are saying
- Tom B.’s Rambles wrote an article about WordPress several blogroll plugins. Among them is Feed Reading Blogroll.
- Review at the Weblog Tools Collection — The famous WLTC has reviewed my plugin
- Podcast: WordCast 47 — my plugin is Kym’s pick of the week
- WLTC: Five Blogroll Plugins for your WordPress Site — my plugin is the first in this great article
- Neue Blogroll, neue Sidebar, neuer Titel(?) — bei Plerzelwupp.de
- Ldn Beta — Growing the Conversation
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
A Big Thank You
These people helped me a lot during the development of the plugin. So I say thank you to: